How it all began
D.R.E.A.M. Inc. is the product of a group of dedicated and passionate dog-lovers wanting to make a positive change for animal welfare in Manitoba. After working in the dog rescue community for many years and recognizing a stronger need for education, advocacy and rescue within the province, our dream became a reality.
Focused on education and awareness, our goal is to help control the dog population in Manitoba by providing tools and resources necessary to practice proper pet guardianship.
Our vision is to support, educate and advocate change within Manitoba to help alleviate the overpopulation of dogs and treat them with value and respect. Because every dog deserves to live the DREAM.
- Foster relationships with local animal welfare groups – together we can make a difference;
- Educate the general public about the dog overpopulation crisis and what can be done to improve the situation;
- Deliver an education program to empower youth to become ambassadors for the well-being of companion animals;
- Focus on preventative measures to help control the overpopulation of dogs in Manitoba;
- Provide tools and resources that are flexible, available and accessible to the general public;
- Operate ethically and treat everyone involved respectfully;
- Recognize the value and importance of volunteer efforts